Nixa.io, Thorvald Meyers Gate 7, 0555 Oslo, 824541752 (“We”, “Us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice (together with any other documents referred to herein) sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you provide to Us, will be processed by Us in connection with Our recruitment processes. Please read the following carefully to understand Our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) the Data Controller is Nixa.io.
We use Workable, an online application provided by Workable Software Limited, and Sanity, a platform for delivering content to digital services and products, to assist with Our recruitment services. We use Workable to process personal information as a data processor on Our behalf. Workable is only entitled to process your personal data in accordance with Our instructions. We use Sanity to store and present candidate profiles to both candidates and clients. Sanity is never entitled to access your personal data and their subprocessor Google Cloud Platform is only entitled to process your personal data in accordance with Our instructions.
When you apply to join Our platform or any job openings posted by Us, these Privacy Notice provisions will apply to Our processing of your personal information in addition to Our other Privacy Notice which has been provided to you separately or is available on Our Website.
When you apply for a job opening via the application function on a job site or similar online service provider (“Partner”), you should note that the relevant Partner may retain your personal data and may also collect data from Us in respect of the progress of your application. Any use by the Partner of your data will be in accordance with the Partner’s Privacy Notice.
Information That We Collect From You
We collect and process some or all of the following types of information from you:
- Information that you provide when you apply for a role. This include information provided through an online job site, via email, in person at interviews and/or by any other method
- In particular, We process personal details such as name, email address, address, date of birth qualifications, experience, information relating to your employment history, skills and experience that you provide to Us
- If you contact Us, We may been record of that correspondence
- A record of your progress through any hiring process that We may conduct
- Details of your visits to Workable Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the site that referred you to Workable Website and the resources that you access
- Transcript of grades, technical test reports, references, phone, email
- Referrer-URL, i.e. internet address of the website visited previous to accessing our website
- Number of log-ins, actions taken, data displayed or clicked on when visiting our website or platform
Information That We Collect From Other Sources
Workable provide Us with the facility to link the data you provide to Us, with other publicly available information about you that are published on the Internet - this may include sources such as Linkedin and other social media profiles.
Workable’s technology allows Us to search via various databases - some publicly available and others not, which may include your personal data (CV or resume), to find possible candidates to fill Our job openings. Where We find you in this way, We will obtain your personal data from these sources.
We may receive your personal data from a third party who recommends you as a candidate for a specific job opening or for Our business more generally.
Lawful Basis For Processing
We rely on legitimate interest as the lawful basis on which We collect and use your personal data. Our legitimate interest is the recruitment of staff for Our business.
Where you apply to join Nixa.io or for a job opening through the Indeed Apply functionality, We rely on your consent, which is freely given by you during the application process, to disclose your personal data to Indeed on the basis described below.
Purpose Of Processing
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To consider your application in respect joining the Nixa.io platform for which you have applied
- To consider your application in respect of a role for which you have applied
- To consider your application in respect of other roles
- To communicate with you in respect of the recruitment process
- To enhance any information that We receive from you with information obtained from third party providers
- To find appropriate candidates to fill Our job openings
- To help Our service providers (such as Workable and it’s processors and data providers) and Partners (such as the job sites through which you may have applied) improve their services
- Personal Data will be shared with potential job employers, only when given consent from you
Automated Decision making/Profiling
We may use Workable’s technology to select appropriate candidates for Us to consider based on criteria expressly identified by Us, or typical in relation to the role for which you have applied. The process of finding suitable candidates is automatic, however, any decision as to who We will engage to fill the job openings will be made by Our staff.
Disclosure Of Your Information
As set out above, We pass your information to Our third party service providers, including Workable and Sanity, who use it only in accordance with Our instructions and as otherwise required by law.
Where you have applied for a job opening through the Indeed Apply functionality, and where you have consented to this disclosure, We will disclose to Indeed certain personal data that We hold, including but not limited to a unique identifier user by Indeed to identify you, and information about your progress through Our hiring process for the applicable job opening, as well as tangible, intangible, visual, electronic, present or future information that We hold about you, such as your name, contact details and other information involving analysis of data relating to you as an applicant for employment (collectively “Disposition Data”). Indeed’s Privacy Notice in respect of Indeed’s use of the Disposition Data is available on Indeed’s website.
Where you have applied to a job opening through another service provider, We may disclose data similar for the Disposition Data defined above to such service provider. The service provider shall be the data controller of this data and shall therefore be responsible for complying with all applicable law in respect of the use of that data following its transfer by Us.
How We Store Your Personal Data
We take appropriate measures to ensure that all personal data is kept secure including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where We are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee that security of your data transmitted through any online means, therefore any transmission remains at your own risk.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
When your personal data is stored in Our own system, it is stored in Norway.
The data that We collect from you and process using Workable, may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for Us or for one of Our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your orders, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
In particular, your data may be accessible to i) Workable’s staff in the US or ii) may be stored by Workable’s hosting service provider on servers in the US as well as in the EU. The US does not have the same data protection laws as the UK and EEA. A Data Processor Agreement has been signed between Workable Software Limited and its overseas group companies, and between Workable Software Limited and each of its data processors. These data processor agreements are designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal data.
The data that We collect from you and process using Sanity, will be stored on servers within the EU/EEA hosted by their subprocessor Google Cloud Platform - primarily in data centers in St. Ghislain, Belgium, but also at other Google data centers throughout the EU. Your data may be stored transiently or cashed in any country in which Google or its agents maintain facilities. The personal data Nixa.io transfer to Sanity is never accessible for Sanity’s staff and is always permanently stored within the EU.
If you would like further information please contact Us (see “Contact” below). We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside the UK or EEA or to any organisation (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Data
We will hold all the data for 24 months. Your personal information will be deleted on one of the following occurrences:
- Deletion of your personal information by you (or by another person engaged by the Customer); or
- Receipt of a written request by you (or another person engaged by the Customer) to us
Information Gathered Through Automatic Data Collection (Analytics and Cookies)
When you access the Nixa.io services via a browser, certain data is automatically transmitted for technical and statistical reasons. The following data is logged and stored separately from any other data you may transmit to us for a limited time: IP address, date and time of access, browser type and version, operating system, URL of the website visited prior to ours, amount of data transmitted, and performance numbers such as latencies and caching. This data is collected for purposes of security, troubleshooting, and to aggregate statistics, and is never associated with any particular individual.
Nixa.io uses Google Analytics to track the usage of the Service in order to optimize the Service for the users. When visiting our website at Nixa.io we collect aggregate statistics about your actions on our website and store these with a third-party processor for analytics and statistics to improve our website and service. The collected data does not include any personal information, and it is not possible for us to trace this back to any individual.
A Cookie is a small file sent by Nixa.io to the user’s browser which is then stored on the user’s device in order to recognize the user when the user revisits our Service the next time. A Cookie usually contains the name of the domain the Cookie originates from, the durability of the Cookie until expires, and a value in terms of a unique number generated by a respective random generator. Using Cookies enables Nixa.io to recognize the user, and to statistically record the user of the service as well as analyze it in order to improve it.
You can disable Nixa.io’s cookies on your browser and the website can be accessed with cookies disables. Cookies that are already on the device may be deleted by the user at any time, manually or doing so via the settings of the browser. The users can also object to the total collection and use of their IP address by Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plugin available here.
For more information regarding your rights to object automatic data collection, please visit: https://www.youronlinechoices.com/
Third Party Websites
Our website and service may contain links or references to other websites outside our control. Please be aware that this policy does not apply to these websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements and terms and conditions of linked or referred websites you enter. These third-party websites may send their own cookies and tracking devices to you, log your IP address and otherwise collect data. We do not control and are not responsible for what third parties do in connection with their websites, or how they handle your personal data. We advise you to exercise caution and consult the privacy policies posted on each third party website for further information.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Access your personal data and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- Require Us to correct any mistakes in the information which We hold
- Require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to Us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain other situations to Our continued processing of your personal data
- Otherwise restrict Our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- Claim compensation for damaged caused by Our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) on Individual rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- Contact Us using Our contact details below
- Let Us have enough information to identify you
- Let Us have proof of your identity and address, and
- Let Us know the information to which your request relates
How To Complain
We hope that We can resolve any query or concern you raise about Our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occured. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/ or by telephone: 0303 123 1113.
All questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Notice should be addressed to our Data Protection Officer, Kristine Angeltvedt, at email@example.com.