Nixa.io is currently working together with Fluxloop to hire their next Mobile iOS Engineer. FluxLoop is a leading provider of Analytics for the Mobility and Retail Sectors. Through proprietary, leading mobile technology and sensor data, fluxLoop analyses signals from smartphones and sensors to create a true and verified picture of the physical flows of individuals.
Their customers are among the largest and smartest within Norwegian retail, travel, public transport and smart cities - and they are now expanding internationally. The team consists of a bunch of cool, pretty nerdy individuals that are located in Oslo, Norway and remote.
The mission of the Mobile Engineer is, simply put, to collect high-quality data and perform on-device data processing with minimal use of CPU cycles, memory, and battery while respecting OS permission governance and user privacy. Therefore, it is not classic app development, but rather optimising background processing through low-level APIs. The iOS Mobile Engineer are expected to have a solid understanding of SDK design best practices, how iOS governs the background processes, optimising sensor readings and network I/O, and have a data-driven mindset.
As a Mobile iOS Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Implementation of the iOS build of the Pinch SDK
- Technical analysis, develop a deep understanding of low-level Mobile APIs (scheduler, sensor handling, power management, …)
- Writing technical documentation as part of the SDK documentation packs
- Participate in internal brainstorm sessions on SDK features
- Unit and regression testing, including test automation and QA
You should apply if:
- You have an academic degree (BSc or MSc) in computer science or related field.
- You have experience programming in Objective-C or Swift.
- You have demonstrated progression and growth as an iOS Developer through past assignments developing iOS applications.
- You have a working knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- You are experienced with and have a deep understanding of low-level iOS service and operating system calls.
- You have a thorough working knowledge and experience of native development on iOS (Core Services, Core OS).
- You are fluent in English and have experience working remotely
- You are able to work in an environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- You maintain high-quality coding standards and can find a balance between quality, flexibility and timely delivery, without compromising on security.
- You are able to influence people without direct authority.
- You can work independently and take matters into your own hands.
How does the process look:
If you are interested in this position, we kindly ask you to register your profile through the button below. Nixa.io handles all application for this role and all applicants have to pass our pre-qualification process to become available for the company. The pre-qualification process consist of a 2-hour technical challenge and a short video call with someone from our team. After passing this process, your profile will become available for the company's CTO and you will be invited for a first interview if they find your profile interesting.
By completing and passing Nixa.io's pre-qualification process - you will also become a member of the Nixa.io platform. Here you can access other permanent full-time remote opportunities with global companies. Your profile will continuously be matched towards companies that are looking for your type of profile. By completing the technical screening in advance - we give you the chance to jump straight to final interviews with these companies. We want to save you the time and energy that you normally have to put in to find your next remote opportunity.