Nixa.io is currently working with Whereby to find their next senior front-end engineer. Whereby is on a mission to give people freedom to live and work where they thrive. They believe people do their best work when they are happy and live a meaningful life. By introducing flexibility to collaborate over video from anywhere, people can take back control of their work day and reduce the stress of balancing work and personal life. With more than 5 million monthly active users and an inherently viral product, you’ll be part of a high-performing product team that deploys code several times a day.
We are looking for passionate frontend developers that wants to build products to change the future of work. You will be working closely with product managers, designers, engineers, sales and support team in building great experiences for new customers. They work in cross-functional teams and design delightful user journeys in an iterative way.
How your typical week at Whereby could look like:
- Discussing how new features can be built, together with designers, product managers, user researcher and other engineers.
- Setting up A/B tests to investigate how they can accelerate growth, improve conversion rates and make users understand the product better.
- Making suggestions for how to constantly improve the user experience, based on your understanding of how end users experience our product
- Building shiny new landing, product pages and features that attract new customers
- Contribute to breaking all assignments into smaller tasks that can realistically fit in a two-week sprint
- Demoing your work from the past sprint every other Thursday
- Working with GitHub and Amazon AWS infrastructure to deploy things as soon as they’re ready (or a little bit before)
- Getting your colleagues to review your code before it is merged, and helping them with reviewing theirs. You give constructive feedback and suggestions for how to improve code quality, security and scalability.
- You contribute to planning how a problem or task can be best solved, and work independently and efficiently on implementing the parts you are responsible for.Writing tests and making your code readable to others in case you get eaten by a yeti
You should apply if you have:
- 5+ years of experience with frontend or full stack software development
- Passion for user experience, design, data
- Experience with conversion optimization
- The ability to develop code in a disciplined manner with proper documentation and structure.
- The ability to communicate efficiently and do development in collaboration with others
- The skills to be self-driven and take responsibility for seeing your tasks through to release
- An academic background in computer science (BSc or MSc) or other relevant experience
- You can work remotely from anywhere, but not more than +2/-6 hours from CET timezone.
- Whereby is a fast-growing scaleup with a global user base of more than 5 million users per month and $7M+ ARR, on the verge becoming a mass-market product. By joining our team now, you get a chance to take part in the journey of building up our product!
- You get to choose your own dev machine and which tools to run on them. You get to work with modern development tools like GitHub, Terraform, Amazon AWS, Slack.
- Whereby has been ranked by business users as the #1 easiest-to-use video conferencing tool, ahead of competitors like Zoom, Google Meet, Skype.
- Whereby have a remote working policy allowing people to work from anywhere and manage their own day
- They have awesome team building trips at least once a year, where they meet up in person to form personal relationships
How does the process look:
If you are interested in this position, we kindly ask you to register your profile through the button below. All applicants have to pass Nixa.io's pre-qualification process to become available for the company. The pre-qualification process consist of a 2-hour technical challenge and a short video call with someone from our team. After passing this process, your profile will become available for the company and you will be invited for a first interview if they find your profile interesting.
By completing and passing Nixa.io's pre-qualification process - you will also become a member of the Nixa.io platform. Here you can access other permanent full-time remote opportunities with global companies. Your profile will continuously be matched towards companies that are looking for your type of profile. By completing the technical screening in advance - we give you the chance to jump straight to final interviews with these companies. We want to save you the time and energy that you normally have to put in to find your next remote opportunity.