Nixa.io is currently working together with an early stage startup that is looking to hire super ambitious, product minded back-end/API engineers. The company is on a mission to enable online merchants to power the world's greatest payment experiences for their customers. They are a team of 6 people today working remotely across London, Paris, Wales and Berlin - and they just landed a big funding round from Europe's leading investors (early investors in Revolut, MySQL, TransferWise and UiPath). This is a unique chance to join a startup in it's early phase and get the chance to influence the back-end, API and, product development from scratch.
Their tech and how they work:
- Their core backend is built with Python, but is being quickly adapted as requirements dictate. Critical components of the architecture will be split in to dedicated microservices, where they'll be looking at higher performant stacks for mission-critical functions.
- They believe in using the best tools for the job, and value engineering expertise over language prowess.
- They value: documentation, test coverage, documentation, code review, documentation, CI/CD and documentation.
- Thet predominantly communicate via Slack, making little use of email internally. They do daily standups each morning via Google Hangouts. Github is their repo of choice and they track issues via project boards.
- They encourage plenty of discussion + debate, but place tremendous value on pragmatism and optimising for output. They're solving brand-new problems, and understand their very best functionality will come about as a result of deep technical insights driven by engineering.
You should apply if:
- You're passionate about building beautifully crafted APIs and creating awesome developer experiences. You want to build a product you would use yourself, and bring your unique insight and perspective to the table as an engineer in shaping our overarching product offering.
- You like solving big problems. Our greatest challenges are yet on the horizon, and we'll need super hard working and creative minds to solve foundational infrastructure challenges for the world's largest online merchants and payments facilitators.
- You value autonomy, moving fast and getting lots done. We have no time or interest for bureaucracy and micromanagement - we're moving *really* fast and you'll be required to take responsibility for delivering product end to end.
- You want to make a huge impact, and share in the success of a company you've helped build. Our engineering team is 4 strong today, but we started only this year and are just getting started!
How does the process look::
If you are interested in this position, we kindly ask you to register your profile through the button below. Nixa.io handles all application for this role and all applicants have to pass our pre-qualification process to become available for the company. The pre-qualification process consist of a 2-hour technical challenge and a short video call with someone from our team. After passing this process, your profile will become available for the company's CTO and you will be invited for a first interview if they find your profile interesting.
By completing and passing Nixa.io's pre-qualification process - you will also become a member of the Nixa.io platform. Here you can access other permanent full-time remote opportunities with global companies. Your profile will continuously be matched towards companies that are looking for your type of profile. By completing the technical screening in advance - we give you the chance to jump straight to final interviews with these companies. We want to save you the time and energy that you normally have to put in to find your next remote opportunity.